Earlier today I was trying to add an existing package with to my project and I had a problem saying (The protection level of the package requires a password, but PackagePassword property is empty 0xC001405E). I managed to solve it and I hope it will help someone with the same problem.
I actually went to the original project and tried to open it from there then I got another error that says “The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E)”. Although this two errors are not the same I prefer to post them together because they have the same cause and solution on my case.
It turns out I moved the original package to another location in my DEV machine and it had a package configuration setup before I moved it. To solve the problem I simply open the package as a file and remove the security level not to save sensitive data and remove the package configuration.
After that I was able to add the package to another project as well as open it on the original project.